Monday 12 December 2011

Why Public Transport?

I've always wanted to write a blog, and i read somewhere that the best blogs are about the things you know. Plus it has to be interesting. No point writing about myself or my job - it wouldn't take long. So how about writing something that I actually know something about - public transport.

Quick run down. I confess that I have been a train spotter since the age of 9, some 33 years ago. I have travelled, by train, up and down this country more times than I can remember. And i can tell the difference between different types of trains either by sight or sound. And then there are the various forums, blogs and publications that i read. So there is a fair amount of knowledge there.

Equally I have been following buses since I was a young child, but not in the same way as trains. Though I can't tell the difference between different types of buses, I know enough about bus operations and operators to get by.

Plus there is my love of social history. Not events or moments in time, but about people and their memories. This can be captured through stories or films. Such films could be documentories or even adverts (remember that BR made a lot of adverts during the 70's). So i plan to highlight such films once it twice a week.

So that is what will be my blog. The subjects will vary, but buses and trains will be involved in there somewhere. And i hope you find it interesting. Oh and please feel free to click on an advert or two. Every little helps you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment